Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Update - Megan

So this weekend, as mentioned in my previous post I decided to go for the Moonlight rafting trip to get away from the stress, chaos, and devastation here in the Springs.  I did make certain to have loose ends tied up and contingency plans in place before leaving - so I had a little peace of mind before going.
I got to the Arkansas River in Buena Vista, CO on Friday evening.  We put on the river around 9:30-10pm. The moon was full - about 3/4, but it was so bright and Brown's Canyon was beautiful! We took our good sweet time getting to the camp set up below "Big Drop" rapid, and arrived at camp around 3-3:30 am. By that time the moon had disappeared behind the canyon ridge and ever star visible to the human eye was bright as can be.  The milky way was more vibrant than I have ever seen it and on the horizon I saw at least 4-5 shooting stars.  It was magical and peaceful and just the medicine I needed! We stayed awake until the sun started to light up the sky again, about 5am.
I woke up to everyone on the beach talking and laughing and laying in the sun. We stayed on our campsite/beach all of Saturday enjoying great company, laughs, and beer.
Sunday morning, we all pitched in to clean up and pack up and we rafted out of the canyon.
I could go on and on about the details of the weekend - but to sum it up - I took several naps, layed in the sun, visited with some of the most amazing folks I've been blessed to know, and I enjoyed the river and Mother Nature as much as humanly possible in a span of only a couple of days.
Praise God for rafting and rejuvenation.

-MJ

I've added some pictures and a couple of videos.  From the weekend :)

A good view of our camp...

Ryden the river Dog - He'd go after the ball in those rapids ALL DAY LONG






No comments:

Post a Comment