Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Life is Settling Down

I realize our updates are much less frequent - I think we are doing our best to get back to as much of a routine as possible.
To cover the basic update:
As of 8pm last night (July 10) the Waldo Canyon Fire was declared as officially 100% contained!
This is SUCH good news!  The fire isn't completely out, but that means they have the perimeter completely under control.
As far as our home on Courtney Drive.  Mom and Patrick were out here over the weekend to meet with the insurance adjuster and figure out what needed to be done and what the next steps were.  I have to say I don't think I  have ever been so impressed by an insurance company as I am with USAA.  They are really stepping up and taking care of my parent's home as well as me and Sarah during the displacement.
Some things for the home: All the insulation in the roof/attic will be replaced.  The inside of the home will be professionally cleaned and vacuumed. The carpets in all the upstairs bedrooms will be replaced (due to smoke smell). All the blinds (which were fabric) will be replaced. The basement carpets will all be cleaned. The backyard will be re-landscaped and re-fenced.
Some of my expenses associated with the displacement will be taken care of which is a huge relief.
These things will all need to be taken care of before Sarah and I can move back into the house.  Brandon has been so gracious to us letting us stay with him as long as we need to.  It is becoming a little cramped and stressful... living out of our suitcases with clothing and shoes and our belongings constantly scattered in a one-bedroom apartment. I have to say we really can't complain, but the sooner we can move back the better.
I'll be working to clean and organize the apartment this evening as Brandon is returning home for the weekend and once again it will be 3 folks plus a pooch for 3 days in the little 650 sq ft apt.
I'm hoping I get called in to work this weekend for USAFA Rafting.  I would LOVE to take Sarah out on my commercial boat for the day.
Sarah will get to see her brother in Boulder tomorrow - which I know she is so excited about! He is passing through on a trip with some friends.  Although the visit will be short, I know she is going to get so much joy out of seeing him. :)
I have been working on myself lately.  Trying to gain some sense of routine back along with self-esteem.  I started going to cross-fit with Sarah during the week (it's kicking my butt - in a good way of course) and hot yoga in the evenings.  I'm quickly starting to notice results and I bought my first pair of shorts in 2 years yesterday! These plus guiding rafts on the weekends is making for some very nice arms!
Other than that, not much to report. We are spending time together, growing as friends, going through some tough things and some awesome things, and making new friends.  We are both so blessed!

Thanks to everyone for keeping us in your prayers! We love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment